Thank you from your winner – Megan!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Megan to tell us about winning I’m a Scientist, and here is what she said…

Hello again everyone!

As I’m sure I told hundreds of you over the last two weeks, I really do love my job. Being a scientist is all of the amazing things you imagine- and more. Every single day is surprising and unpredictable, I am constantly learning from the incredible people around me and I feel like I’ve got a real chance to make a difference in the world. I hope that Mzamo, Ola, Olivia, Weiyi and I have helped to remind some of you that beyond the facts that we all learn at school, there is a whole world of science out there and it’s getting bigger and bigger.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read about my research, ask me questions, get to know me, and vote for me! This has been a great experience and to have won means a lot! I’m looking forward to having a bit more time to spend on my research again and I wish you all the best of luck making the important decisions you’ll be faced with in the next few years. Thanks to the other scientists for being great (virtual) company and to the I’m a Scientist Team for putting on such a brilliant event.

I’ll be continuing to work with school children as much as I can and hope to spend the £500 prize money on running a giant science treasure hunt around the city of Edinburgh in 2017!

Thanks,
Megan

Posted on November 22, 2016 modmichaela in News | Leave a comment